Saturday, June 23, 2012

Obsessions (for real this time)


OK the last time I tried this I got a little long winded.....  Lets not do that again shall we?

1. Read all about it in this post... if you can last through it all. Hey, at least I added two images (crappy ones)

2. Was Archer, is now Game of Thrones... except that I just finished season 2   soooooooooo...

I've been sick. Excessive show watching is allowed.  

3. puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy puppy
                          My puppy doesn't have that puppy smell anymore :( can I get another one?

                 This photo really cracks me up. It's a product of the failed fake photoshoot of last week.

4. Healthy food recipes. This is directly related to the fact that I have had 1 alien-mutant virus and 1 knock you off your feet for a week virus in a span of 3.5 - 4 weeks. The suspected cause - a sense of entitlement I have to 'indulging' in drive through fast food joints while on 'roadies' (road trips, but a little more risque (in name only, unfortunately)). I have put 15000 miles on my(our) truck since my hubby bought it for me(us) 4 months ago. This equation equals a LOT of fast food intake.
 
Find some good food here. I followed this blog a while back, for some reason it fell off my radar and I recently rediscovered it and am liking what I'm reading.

But don't let that fool you,  I haven't actually made any of the meals, I just look at the pictures and then go grocery shopping and focus on the fruits and vegetables and lean meats. Tonight I made a marinated chicken salad-ey thing with diced veggies, lemon juice, plain no fat yoghurt (no trendy/fatty greek style for me!) and dill. Kind of Greek.

5. I discovered this blog today via this daily read. Yo me gusta.

6. Are you ready for my Etsy find and the true inspiration behind this obsessions post?!
to tell you the truth, I wasn't even going to do the 'Etsy' thing. Competition makes me feel... uncompetitive and let's be serious. It's a frickin gladiator ring out there. Good job on the awesome giveaway Sar! But then I thought, well no harm in mosey-ing on over, it's been a while since I had a good snoop through the Etsy treasuries. And one thing led to another, and then it led me to this...


Raw Amethyst and Gold Necklace

 
I found this little beauty at Clementine , a shop that I've ooh-ed and ahh-ed over more than once. 
 
Obvious favorite add and obsessive thoughts of. I fell in love with rough-style gemstones jewelery like... almost 2 years ago in a nice big beautiful mall full of beautiful things to buy buy buy! Unfortunately, I haven't come across any in the Okanagan and when I'm in the 'big city' (Calgary) I am too busy visiting family, or visiting drinking with friends, or being hungover to devote my attentions to beautiful trinkets like this. 
 
speaking of which, I am waaaay overdue for a drunken dispatch - my fav way to blog! soon my friend, soon... I'm just afraid that if I get drunk I'll forget to blow my nose and the disgustingness will just ooze down my face like a baby. Yep, still got that cold virus.

Anyways, at almost $50, it is something that I would probably not spring for for myself (I've got other splurges in mind yo... like a new saddle for my too-expensive horses.. see #1) but I would surely treasure and wear this beauty day and night... yes nighttime parties, and to pajama parties alike.

and here's your button!
{ SaigeWisdom }


No comments:

Post a Comment